Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Noah's Story...



This is Noah's story so far...
Noah was born June 13, 2007, a preemie at 6 weeks. He also had a condition called gastroscesis where there is an opening through the abdomen wall and the intestines come through the opening. Noah had surgery imediately after he was born and that was a miracle for him. In most cases surgery is postponed which can lead to many complications including infection to set in. His surgery went well and he did not have any complications or feeding problems.Noah was a fighter! I saw him for the first time in the NICU when visiting my son and his wife. There is no way to describe how it feels to meet your grandbaby for the first time. I fell in love with that tiny baby. I wanted to take him home with me right then. However, I was his Grandma (MeMe) and I lived far away from him. I was very sad when I had to leave to go home and I said many prayers over him.





After I went home, I thought about little Noah and prayed for him often. At the time, we were in the process of adding to our family through international adoption by adopting Jordyn from China. Jordyn was 7 yrs old at the time. This was our first China adoption and I has ecstatic about adopting Jordyn. We were waiting for our travel notice which seemed to take forever and a day. Finally in September of 2007, we completed Jordyn's adoption and brought her home from China. My son and his family had come to visit us in 2008 with their two child Hayden and Noah. I loved spending time with them and really loved seeing Noah again. I hated that they had to leave after only a few days. Noah was such a sweet baby and I loved holding him and spoiling him (being a grandma is awesome!) Joey's wife was expecting thier third baby and I knew that it would be hard for them with three babies. I gently offered to take care of Noah when the new baby came. Joey said they would think about it. Long story short, in September of 2008 Naoh came to live with us for a while. I was not sure how long we would keep him, but I cherished every moment with him. He was behind in his developmental mile stones because he was born premature. We played with Noah and he soon caught up. First he was crawling, then we witnessed his first baby steps. He was a good and sweet baby. Time has gone by and his parents tried to move here to live close by and take care of him. Things have not worked out for them and we are still blessed with having Noah in our family. Now, we are working towards making it official. I believe that Noah has adotped me first and I hope to be a permanent part of his life. He calls me Mama although I have told him I am MeMe. He loves to laugh and sing. He loves animals especially dogs, and he is beginning to talk more and more. Please pray that we will be Noah's forever family, the adoption process will go quickly, and provision for the adoption expenses.















                                                              

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet boy! Thanks for your message. I did try cutestblogontheblock and I can get the background to change, but not the middle column/section. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a precious little boy.

    ReplyDelete

Pray for the Haiti Orphans!

I would bring them home if I could! Pray for these precious children! Pray for Haiti and pray that these Children are saved!